Dev Post #10 – 11/7/2016 to 11/11/2016

Storing The New Damages Information

Now that I have the tablet finished and the new billing data being sent with the RCR submissions, the next task is processing and saving that data into our database. Currently we’re receiving the data but just kind of ignoring it.

The additions for this were relatively trivial. It was pretty much just adding a new database table and then the corresponding repository, models, mappers, etc. In line with trying to break the project up in the Onion architecture style, I created an EntityFramework project to put these new database models into and then created the corresponding domain models in a new Core project.

The only information we want to store is the ID for each item to bill for and then the ID of each person we’re billing for that item. I’ve done work similar to this, so for the most part the rest of this week was writing up a good amount of tests around this functionality to verify it’s working correctly.

Pairing on Vacancy Report

I spent a good amount of time this week pairing with Josh working on his Vacancy report cards. Josh doesn’t have much React experience at this point, but he’s catching on extremely fast – I helped him fix a few minor issues he encountered while trying to render the data on the new table he’s created. Once that was done we moved on to optimizing the more computationally heavy operations and worked on building up some tests. One issue we ran into was trying to use our cached repositories during the tests – we were trying to retrieve up-to-date data after adding new stuff to our repositories in our tests, but ran into several problems where we wouldn’t find the data we had just added. Getting rid of the caching and replacing them with a fake repository fixed the problem pretty quickly.

Advertisements